Specialty Disciplines - Valves
- Start with an overview of various valve types and their functionalities and applications...
- Don't forget that valves can handle fluids, gases, and slurries.
- Valve sizes vary greatly. Some can be as small as a half an inch, while others can soar up to 120 inches. There are even larger valves than that!
- Just because a valve can perform the job, does not always mean it is the correct one for the application.
- Be sure to think about plant personnel. They must be able to cycle that valve safely and with ease...
- Think long life span when thinking of valves.
- Have you inspected a cross sectional view to better understand an existing design?
- Think about what kind of flange ends your valve is going to have...
- Pressure, flow, and torque calculations are vital here...
- Have you thought about what packing material you will use?